Become a Member
Join Australia’s leading settlement agencies to help ensure the best possible outcomes for migrants and refugees settling in Australia.
A SCoA member is an organisation that’s supported and connected. Almost a hundred members strong, our community shares stories, learns from each other, and grows, together.
By becoming a member you will strengthen the settlement sector’s influence and have access to the following range of member benefits:
The settlement space is dynamic and ever evolving.
A SCoA membership connects you with the most up to date information and the resources you need to grow. Our dedicated team keeps members updated with policy developments and settlement sector news to help them make the decisions that matter.
- Regular advocacy and news alerts so you can stay on top of public policy developments;
- Weekly Member updates with information from across the sector;
- Member briefings on priority and emerging issues;
- The submissions we make to government, straight in your inbox.
Make Your Voice Heard
SCoA is the voice for settlement in Australia, we shape the policy that shapes our sector.
We are in constant conversation with our members, collating their experiences and then making policy recommendations accordingly.
- Provide input into our advocacy work and policy submissions through regular member consultations;
- Meet with SCoA Executive and staff to discuss shared policy and advocacy priorities;
- Collaborate in sector wide initiatives and join SCoA advocacy on the issues that matter most to you;
- SCoA members can vote at SCoA General Meetings and can nominate a representative of a member organisation for membership of the SCoA National Executive.
SCoA is there for our members.
Our work provides the resources and training you need so you can focus on making your organisation thrive.
- Facilitate regular trainings and webinars for your staff;
- Are responsible for maintaining and updating both the National Settlement Outcome Standards (NSOS) and the Settlement Sector Quality Framework (SSQF)
Membership of SCOA is open to organisations that are contributing substantially to the settlement and participation of migrants and refugee to Australia.
SCoA’s goal is to ensure that all organisations contributing substantially to the settlement and participation of migrants to Australia and particularly those of refugee background, however large or small, wherever their location in Australia, are represented by SCoA in national settlement policy development and planning frameworks, and are supported to contribute to successful settlement underpinned by national best practice standards.
SCoA is a representative peak body for the settlement sector. It represents organisations whose activities are dedicated to the settlement and participation of migrants including those of refugee background, and whose activities fall within the key priorities identified in the National Settlement Services Outcomes Standards (NSSOS).
Will be available to an organisation:
In addition to its full members, SCoA seeks to include associate members whose activities support the achievement of the NSSOS and who provide allied services and/or wish to support the SCoA objectives. These may include:
- Agencies that deliver services in up to 4 of the 9 priority areas identified in the NSSOS.
- Agencies operating in a related field including academic, research, education providers, health, employment organisations, housing, LGA, volunteers, migrant community associations.
- National peak bodies with a similar or complementary aim to SCoA.
- Individuals working with the target groups in the sector, or in a related field including academia, research, education, employment, health, housing, Local government, volunteers, migrant community association.
Membership fees are set on a sliding scale determined by your organisation’s annual income.
To apply for membership, please complete and the membership application form or to inquire further about becoming a SCoA member, please email email@example.com
Less than $50,000
Full Member Fee (inc GST) $60
Associate Member Fee (inc GST) $30
Less than $100,000
Full Member Fee (inc GST) $125
Associate Member Fee (inc GST) $60
$100,001 to $500,000
Full Member Fee (inc GST) $245
Associate Member Fee (inc GST) $125
$500,001 to $1 million
Full Member Fee (inc GST) $440
Associate Member Fee (inc GST) $220
$1 million to $5 million
Full Member Fee (inc GST) $625
Associate Member Fee (inc GST) $310
$5 million to $10 million
Full Member Fee (inc GST) $1,250
Associate Member Fee (inc GST) $625
$10 million plus
Full Member Fee (inc GST) $2,500
Associate Member Fee (inc GST) $1,250