The Family Preservation Manager substantively leads the delivery of the Family Preservation Program. This program works towards engaging children and families involved with Family and Community Services to create changes to risk factors and increased safety for children to remain at home with their families. Family Preservation Program aims to prevent or reduce out-of-home care placements for vulnerable children and young persons. As restoration has similar dynamics to family preservation, the family preservation manager will carry duties of assessing the pre-restoration matters, supporting children to return to families during restoration phase and support for children and families post restorations providing ongoing support monitoring and assessment.
Family Preservation Program provides timely, comprehensive, evidence-based assessments intensive, outreach interventions aimed at skill development for families with children up to 18 years of age. The Family
Preservation manager leads and monitors the implementation of evidence-based models to engage and build the capacity of parents from CALD backgrounds.
The key purpose of this position is to:
- Ensure effective delivery of high-quality services to families referred
- Lead and manage permanency caseworkers
- Provide guidance and consultation on engaging families and community members
- Collaborate and role model cultural responsive practices
- Manage financial and material resources to support family action plans
- Prepare reports on program delivery and outcomes as per contractual responsibility
- Represent the program with key stakeholders including at the Children’s Court and/or with DCJ as required
For more information click here