Are you a leader in the Corporate and/or Philanthropic sectors who wants to make a difference in the lives of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds?
Do you have professional skills and networks in Media, Fundraising or Philanthropy?
MYAN NSW IS SEEKING CANDIDATES WHO:
- Are passionate about the values of MYAN NSW — youth participation; collaboration; diversity in all its forms; social justice; and challenging the status quo
- Have achieved leadership standing in the Corporate and/or Philanthropic sectors in Australia
- Can provide an appropriate level of strategic oversight and support to the CEO and the organisation
- Have strong communication skills and can successfully develop partnerships with diverse stakeholders
- Have a sound understanding of best practice in not-for-profit governance
- Have a proven history of overseeing financial performance against budgets and an understanding of community sector funding arrangements
- Are willing and able to commit the time to meet the responsibilities of this voluntary role
- Scheduled board meetings — currently 6 per year
- Sub-committee meetings as required
- Annual strategic planning day
- MYAN NSW events whenever possible
MYAN NSW actively encourages applications from First Nations people, people of colour, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disability and people from the LGBTIQA+ community.
These positions are undertaken on a voluntary basis and require a valid National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
For more information, click here.