In the lead up to the 2019 Federal Election, SCoA has written to all political parties and to candidates in every seat across the nation. We have outlined our key recommendations for supporting the settlement of people who have arrived in Australia as refugees and migrants, in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for individuals, families and communities, and tor Australian society.
Our recommendations cover six key themes:
- Provide adequate, flexible funding for settlement services
- Improve employment outcomes for migrants and refugees
- Improve English language learning
- Remove time limits and visa restrictions for accessing settlement services
- Provide place-based settlement services and support regional settlement
- Collect data for measuring settlement success
Click below to read SCoA’s key recommendations for the Federal Election, and SCoA’s full election platform.