SCOA member, Multicultural Youth Affairs Network NSW has released a Youth Settlement Snapshot: A report on the data 2016 – 2017 .
This is a comprehensive report on youth settlement trends in NSW across the Humanitarian, Family and Skilled Migration programmes. The report looks at a range of demographic data, such as: language, gender, age, religion, visa type and settlement location.
Key Findings of the Report:
- Humanitarian youth arrivals more than doubled in 2016-17 and 44% of all young people arriving through the Humanitarian Programme settled in NSW.
- 23% of the humanitarian arrivals to NSW were young people aged 12 to 25.
- Young people arrived in NSW via 3 migration streams: Skilled programme (23%), Humanitarian Programme (36%) and Family Programme (41%).
- Fairfield and Liverpool were the top settlement locations for young people arriving through the Humanitarian Programme.
- Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Iran and Myanmar were the top 5 countries of birth for humanitarian youth arrivals.
Read the full report and the info graphic below.
For more information visit MYAN NSW website.