Volunteers are SCARF’s most valuable resource; we simply could not exist without them. Volunteers make it possible for SCARF to provide support that is flexible, responsive and targeted to the needs of refugee children, youth and adults – for as long as they need it.
By joining the SCARF community as a volunteer, you can help us achieve our mission to:
- Provide refugee support that builds a sense of belonging;
- Promote social and economic inclusion;
- Empower individuals and families to lead independent lives by creating connections and generating opportunity.
Want to help but don’t have the time to volunteer? There are many ways to be involved.
What do SCARF volunteers do?
We are currently looking for volunteers to assist with a range of SCARF programs and activities, as well as office administration and specialist support roles, including:
- Driver mentoring
- SCARF befriending
- Education and tutoring: primary school, high school and tertiary studies
- Office and program administration
- Social inclusion: Coffee Community Connections
- Communications team: content creation, photography, videography
- Interpretation support: Arabic, Farsi, Burmese, Karen, Karenni, Chin, French, Swahili, Kirundi, Tigrinya and other SCARF community languages
- Specialist roles: If you have professional skills in areas such as program evaluation, fundraising, corporate engagement, media engagement, communications, marketing, legal or equivalent, we would love to speak with you
- And more!
Check out the SCARF Volunteer Opportunity Directory for a full list of opportunities including detailed role descriptions.