The Migrant and Refugee Settlement Service of the ACT (MARSS) Registered Training Organisation offers nationally recognised vocational education and training courses in Certificates II, III and IV in Community Services and Certificate III in Individual Support.
The MARSS RTO aims to assist migrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants with securing and obtaining pathways into further education and training or employment pathways. The MARSS RTO does this through:
- Providing individualised study and training plans
- Incorporating additional literacy, language and numeracy assistance into the training package
- Providing low cost courses to all eligible clients
- Opportunities for work placement in relevant industries
- Providing information and training on the Australian job market and work culture skills, individual career goal setting and planning.
- Referrals to other MARSS programs for other support services such as mentoring support, welfare support, and tutoring support.